Saturday, October 2, 2010

I am free to go wherever I choose...

Temples, beaches, and teaching... what could be better?!?  As my friend Chris said to me yesterday, "Oh... you've been wanting to take that trip since forever."  Yes, "since forever" dates back about 14 years.  I had a client then who had traveled to over 50 countries and I asked her where her favorite place was.  She told me about a little island in Thailand and ever since she swooned over Southeast Asia I have been yearning to go.


So tomorrow I get on a plane to Bangkok via Hong Kong (16 hours non-stop to Hong Kong from JFK!).  I'll explore Bangkok and the beaches of Thailand.  Then mid October I am headed to Luang Prabang, Laos where I will teach English to young adults in the library of the town's largest secondary school for a month.


Luang Prabang is a UNESCO World heritage site and was voted the number one destination in the world by the New York Times in 2008:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luang_Prabang


After Luang Prabang my trip is open ended...  I am so excited about this journey and the challenges and freedom of freeing my life at home long-term and fitting my belongings in one backpack.  


I hope you will follow my journey.  I welcome your comments and good wishes below for this adventure...  I am sure it will be chock full of surprises!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chi,

    Where are you now?
    We had a hail storm in Brooklyn, it shedded our roof garden.
    Lots of Love to you,
    Shakti

    ReplyDelete