Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baan Phu Lae Bungalows on Ko Lanta Island

This was by far my favorite place to stay so far... and only $18 per night!:  Baan Phu Lae
http://www.baanphulae.com


The view from my thatched bungalow where I was feet from the crashing waves that lulled me to sleep:


Ao Mai Pai beach... totally secluded at the very souther tip of Ko Lanta, this beautiful beach had only one other establishment on the beach.


The lounging deck:


My daily indulgence: mango and pineapple smoothies.


Easily the best Pad Thai I have ever had, wrapped in an egg omelet.  (Reading Bangkok 8... thanks, Terry!)






A hike into the Ko Lanta National Park and Ao Mai Pai bay behind.  The little thatched hut over my shoulder on the beach is Baan Phu Lae:

 




Saturday night we all went to the "Why Not?" Bar... a laid back Thai Tiki bar whgere the local Thais sang covers of western pop songs in their thing melodic accents.


The "Why Not Bar?" Slogan:
Most people see the world as it is and ask Why?
We see the world as it isn't and ask Why Not?


A typical local family at home:



A roadside Muslim pad thai eatery:



My first wild elephant encounter.





1 comment:

  1. I would love to post this to facebook but I assume you would prefer me NOT to do that???

    I want to honor your privacy.

    I love these pics...wow..mountain climbing, elephants, little boats, and the WHy NOT bar? How cool is that!

    Love you, honey...

    Thanks for calling..

    Pammy

    ReplyDelete