Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rocks & Rastas in Railay

This is West Railay Beach.  I headed to Railey after Ko Phi Phi and it was a much more relaxed and less crowded place with amazing rock formations. Railay is part of the mainland of the Krabi region but it is only accessible by boat so I felt as if I were on an island.  Here I am with my backpack getting ready to traverse the rocks at low tide to Hat Ton Sai beach which was even more remote and where I laid my hat for a few nights... 




I climber to the cliffs above Railay near a clifftop lagoon and got this great shot that shows Railiay East (near), and then Railay West and Ao Ton Sai in the distance.



A backroad to Ao Ton Sai:



My tree-top bungalow in Ao Ton Sai... by far the best accommodation I've stayed in and only US$12 per night!



My furry friend who stayed with me all four days during my stay:



 Yes, this is me rocking climbing 100 feet up a 6A sheer rockface in East Railay... my first day rock climbing ever...  it was super hard and very confidence building.


 


A cave shrine to a local princess at Railay's signauture beach: Hat Phra Nang




Content:


Discontent?  (Actually this little guy was only yawning in this shot but it sure looks like he's upset!)



The beach at Ao Ton Sai:






Ao Ton Sai was one Tiki Rasta bar after another....




The hosts of Chill Out Bar, Ao Ton Sai:



And dessert: Thai crepe with mango, pinaplle, banana and nutella for $1.50!


No comments:

Post a Comment