Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Three sections of English at Santiphab high school...

After my first week of teaching at a local private school, I have now spent the better part of the month teaching at Santiphab high school which is a public school with nearly 4000 students.  I teach three sections of high school English with my own blend of theatre games thrown in...




Each two-hour class is 25-25 students.


Here the students are working on using a vocabulary word in a simple sentence, which is quite a challenge for most of them.  My favorites: "The Buddha is sacred." and "I am sitting among my classmates."





Most of the students cannot afford textbooks so I bought them for the class. This was also a great help for teaching as the alternative was to write the entire lesson on the board which would have left me with little time to teach.


Here the students buy lunch from a lady who wraps noodles in a banana leaf.


There is no subsidized school lunch in Laos so students pay for their own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment